Oft Used Resources
- Minitheme Guidance for Lit Courses
- Composition editor comment sheet for Comp 1 and 2
- How does the writing process work in Composition?
- Required event worksheets
- What is a summary in EN 490?
General Writing Assistance
- The MEAL Plan, on writing solid paragraphs: a document on good paragraphing
- Outline, structure, or organize your essay: this, this, and this.
- MLA basic document design (i.e., where your name, title, needs to be)
- Plagiarism form and how to use sources (link).
- MLA formatting information in the Composition Student Handbook.
- Editor comments sheets (link)
- Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing (link)
- MLA Formatting quotations (link)
- Signal phrases and the proper use of sources (“plagiarism”)
- Writing a Creative titles (link).
- Thesis Statements
- What is synthesis? (link)
- “Introductions and Conclusions” in the Composition Student Handbook. And check out out this document as well. (link)
- Rogerian Argument (link).
- ”Sources: Introducing Them, Using Them” in the Composition Student Handbook. (link)
- MLA basic document design may be seen here.
- Pro and Con Argument V. Rogerian Argument
- The high school vs. the college essay
- Open sesame: the thesis statement
- Writing a conclusion that is worth the wait
- Characteristics of critical readers
- Analytical thinking
- Developing levels of thinking
- Being a critical reader
- Questions to ask about an essay based on the composition pyramid